Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

Okay so lets be honest… I am no bueno at this blogging thing! It has been 4 months and I haven’t written a single word so…… Here is a little bit of what has been happening in our world the past 4 months, sit back because this is going to be a major info overload.
March: What a month! March is always a fun month in the Thomas house but this year was a little more exciting than usual!  You’ve heard the saying go big or go home right? Well, we decided to take that saying to a whole new level! The last few weeks of February were somewhat of a blur with our ski season coming to an end and our big plans for the upcoming month…. little did I know that life as we knew it was changing for us more than we could have imagined! We had recently found out that the offer we had on a house was accepted! What could be better than that, right?!?!? A new home of our very own?!?! What could be more exciting! Well, as March soon approached us, it was time to meet and fill out the necessary paperwork prior to closing on our home.
March 2, 2012 came very early.. by this I mean I just couldn’t sleep! I didn’t know if it was the excitement, the nerves, or what? I generally wake up Friday mornings super excited to spend the day with my hubby but today was different! Was I excited that we were going skiing or that we were meeting with our mortgage rep, I had no idea, all I know is that it was a long night!!  I woke up just before 5AM after tossing and turning all night and just laid there thinking of everything we had going on and I had the funniest yet most reassuring feeling. I was suddenly full of emotion and excitement, this house buying business was really getting to me… or so I thought J Well with so many thoughts running through my mind I thought to take a pregnancy test, I kind of laughed at the thought and then after thinking I couldn’t help it so I rolled out of bed and well to skip ahead a little bit…. It was positive. I was suddenly full of all sorts of emotions. I was dumbstruck, happy, excited, and terrified. And then I was thinking there was no way this could be it, so I ran to the store and bought a plethora of tests… and well ladies and gents after 6 positives I couldn’t help but to believe it. What on earth do I do now? I couldn’t tell Kurt, at least not yet… I had to be sure so I called the doctor but I was out of luck and  they were booked and couldn’t get me in until Tuesday.
 Needless to say, I was one emotional girl ALL DAY!! And poor Kurt had no idea what was going on, I was happy and laughing one second and the next I was holding back tears. He was nervous that I didn’t want the house anymore… little did he know that I was just trying to wrap my mind around me being a mom. It was something I have always wanted and always dreamed of and now suddenly it was all so terrifying! Well, after 4 long days of waiting, the doc confirmed the pregnancy! I had thought that since it was already the 6th I could just wait till our anniversary the next week… but nope! Once Kurt got home I started laughing and then crying and I couldn’t hold it back any longer so I pulled up the book I had been working on online which after ordering just a few days before had obviously not arrived yet and I had him “proof read” a page or two. I couldn’t pull my tear filled eyes away from his face, watching every expression, when he suddenly chocked up and smiled asking me if I was serious. When he looked and saw the tears of excitement, joy, and terror running down my face he started laughing. We both sat there in eachothers arms and laughed and cried. How could this all be real? Is it possible for this many blessings to come at once? And to top things off, Kurt also received his acceptance letter for the business program through Utah State. Life as we knew it was suddenly changing! Who knew fairy tales happened to real people like us?!? Well, with that just all happening in the first week of March, you can only imagine how great the rest of the month was. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary, took a much needed getaway to St. George with Lance and Atalie, and it was Kurt’s birthday.  To celebrate Kurt’s 25th birthday, we started it off by seeing our baby for the very first time! It was an amazing and unreal experience that we will cherish forever! It was such a perfect sound and sight seeing our sweet baby (who looked almost identical to a sour patch gummy!) and to hear his sweet little heart beating so strongly! I loved every second! I couldn’t believe that he was really in there but sure enough he was wiggling all over the place it was hysterical! We didn’t know whether to laugh or cry from the excitement! It was truly amazing! After meeting our little bean for the first time we continued our crazy birthday celebration by closing on our house! That’s right, this was a birthday that Kurt would never forget, a baby and a house all at once! I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to top that J And to sum things up we ended Kurt’s amazing birthday celebration by eating at none other than good ol’ Texas Roadhouse (our absolute favorite!!)
Doe this little guy not look totally identical to the little sour patch kiddos??!? That's right he is already a little cutie at just 9 weeks.. you cant help but want to gobble him right up!!!

Okay well I believe that pretty much sums up March, April was a blur to say the least… I really think that the past few months have only had half as many days in them as they use to because they are going by way too fast! In April we celebrated my birthday, watched our amazing prophet and apostles speak in General Conference, found out our little bean is a little boy and worked on the house! I can’t tell you how grateful I am for the amazing gospel that we are a part of. April was an amazing month for us but with that came some trials that we would have never imagined. But looking at it all now I cannot begin to imagine our lives without the blessings that this gospel brings to us. I am so truly grateful for the knowledge that families are eternal, and that no matter what comes you can always count on your savior to be there for you. I have also realized that it is times when you need the savior the most, it is sometimes the hardest to focus on, but when you do take a second and sincerely turn to him, you realize that everything will be okay and that we are all here for a reason. I cannot lie and say that I love the trials and tests that we must go through in life, cause in all honesty I highly DISLIKE them… but I do know that it is through these trials that we are able to grow closer to our father in heaven and our savior who died for us. It is through these tests and trials that we turn to the gospel and to our families. I am so incredibly grateful for such an amazing husband who has the priesthood and is able to give priesthood blessings. I am so grateful and so blessed to have such an amazing family, not only my family but also my in laws. I have been so blessed to be able to rely on Kurt, my father in law, and my dad who have each worked so hard working on our home and sacrificing so much. I LOVE my family (all of them!) more than anything else and I couldn’t ask for anything more I truly am so blessed to have such amazing examples in my life!!!


Okay as for May, Well time continues to fly for us! We spent many hours working on the house and Little Lexi Loo left on her mission! I can’t believe how amazing she is! She is now in London and I know she is ready and willing to serve the lord with all she has! She is such an amazing young woman and an amazing example! I love her so much and couldn’t be more proud of her! Well, all the hard work has paid off and the last week of May we were able to move in! Yup that is right…. We are now officially in our home! We still have some work to do, but we are slowly getting more and more done! I love coming home with my hubby every night and pulling in to our own garage! As cheesy as that sounds, it is perfect!!! And to make things even better me and Kurt get to carpool in the mornings, so we finally get to see each other, other than at night when we are both exhausted!!! Life couldn’t be better than it is now!

This is a lovely family picture before Lexie left on her mission... we are crazy but we are one of a kind! Good luck sis! You will do amazing things!!!

Well now it is officially June and so much has happened in the past few months and even with our ups and downs I wouldn’t change anything! We are so excited for all that we have accomplished and all that we still have in store! It is crazy to know that we are already over half way through this pregnancy and boy oh boy it has absolutely flown by! I love this little baby boy so much! He is such a little stinker who definitely has a mind of his own and already gets his own way, but Kurt and I love him more than we could ever imagine! He is growing faster and faster every day and getting so big.. and tall like his daddy! I can’t believe how much can change in such a short time! I am so excited to go to the doc tomorrow and get some more pictures of this little boy! He will be here before we know it  and we cannot wait!
Well, that just about sums our exciting adventures over the past few months and I cant wait to see what else lies in store for our little family! We have been so blessed in so many ways and are so grateful for all of our amazing family and friends! We look forward to the many more adventures to come and hopefully in the future I will be better with these blog updates J But for now I make no promises! Hahaha Truthfully I hope I get better at it though so that I can print it all out on day and probably laugh at all the cheesy and dumb things I say, I am positive I will be thoroughly entertained… but lets be honest… that’s life right, one big entertaining adventure!
***More pictures soon to come :)

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, I'm so excited for all of these fun new things in your life! Not gonna lie, I had to hold back a tear or two reading about your little man and how much you love him, remembering all of those feelings from being pregnant with Will. Your testimony is so sweet, you are going to be an amazing little momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much! You are so sweet!! I couldnt be happier than I am right now, even with all the craziness in life, right now it is perfect and I wouldnt change it for the world!!! I cant wait to meet this little wiggle worm and I am sure that in the next 20 weeks or so, he will definately be ready to have some much needed wiggle room! haha I hope I can be a good mommy like you! Your sweet family is adorable! Tell everyone I say hello!!! :)

      Delete