Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hard BOY’ed Eggs…

Hard BOY’ed Eggs…

Sailor LOVES hard boiled eggs… like she would try to eat a dozen a day if  she could get away with it.
Keller, on the other hand struggles with hard boiled eggs… I don’t know if it’s the texture, the smell, or what- but he has just never been a fan- so I don’t even try to get him to eat them because it isn’t worth the gagging, tantrums, etc..
Well, today after I made a fresh batch of hard boiled eggs for the week Sailor ran up the stairs as fast as she could to start begging for one… and then came Keller….
Keller- “Mommy what are you making?”
Me – “just some hard boiled eggs..”
Keller- “Ohh I obviosy (obviously) need to eat some of those since I am a boy…”
Me- “But I thought you didn’t like them..”
Keller- “OF COURSE I DO! They are for BOYS!!!.. that is why they are
 ‘Hard BOY-OD eggs mommy- it is because they are just for boys! Not girls! But it is okay I will still share with you and baby sayer (Sailor)”
There was no way I was going to argue with him about it… so I figured what the heck…
so I peeled an egg for Keller and Sailor and let them have at it… Sailor in her usual lady like manner.. dove right in!
Keller… took a bite… gagged a little bit… and announced…
 “mom- are you sure these ones are the boy ones? They taste pretty weird- but I guess I will eat it…”
I couldn’t stop laughing- and surprisingly he ate it with no pressuring from me… usually if he is done with something- there is no bribery in the world to make him change his mind… Little did I know it only needs to have the word “boy” in it to make him think it is a must!


No comments:

Post a Comment