Saturday, November 18, 2017

California with my hubby!

Fact... This was my first time on a plane in over 10+ years... And I was 12 weeks pregnant and nauseated... and I was SUPER nervous to leave my babies! BUT i had so much fun spending a few days with my hubby! 

And he even gave me the window view both there and back... that is true love!

So funny story... i told kurt I wanted to try one of these ice cream macaroon fruity pebble sandwiches... it didnt seem far from the airport.... 2 hours later.. and waiting in the car for 40 minutes because the ice cream shop wasnt open yet... hahahahahahaha.... we werent about to leave empty handed! And in the meantime.. I only almost puked twice as we literally watched a man eat food out of a gas station trash can.. It was so heartbreaking and extremely nauseating! Los Angela's is a totally different environment from Lehi Ut... My eyes were definitely opened to many things! 

And then we drover 40+ minutes to find the one and only "OFFICE!" Kurt was freaking out.. and I was dying! We couldn't get in so after 20 minutes I said.. okay should we go? Kurt looked shocked and appaulled... he was in HEAVEN! i could not stop laughing as he was freaking out and quoting entire episodes! I had to get him out of there before he hopped the fence! 


"babe... take a picture..." Dont you fret... i only took like 50 :) hahaha

Newport Beach at Sunset... is GORGEOUS!!! I felt like we were back on our honeymoon almost 8 years ago! 

pictures like this kept my heart happy the whole time we were away... pictures and phone calls all day everyday! 

We had so much fun at the beach! I watched and adventured more than anything.. I was nervous to try surfboarding while pregnant.. I didnt want to take any chances... but I did get in and play for a few hours.. until I swallowed TOO much ocean water.. apparently the baby doesnt appreciate fish pee... either do I!


Day two of surfing... we are older than we thought we were... Those waves can give you a beating!! I gave up after about 15 minutes in the waves on day 2- the were rough and after my second bad hit- I didnt dare take on much more... so poor little old me layed on the heavenly beach and relaxed! you know... living the rough life!


Our first ever NHL game... GO DUCKS!! truth be told.. they lost terribly... like not even one goal- BUT we still had so much fun! AND... fyi.. in case you ever plan to go to an NHL game... tale a sweater.. and a coat.. and handwarmers.. and a parka.. basically dress warm! Because we were not prepared at all.. it is so much colder than the ice rinks we are us to- we froze our little hineys off! I even spent $40+ on a ducks hoodie.. and I was still freezing!! BUT it was so fun and so worth it! 

ignore my dorky closed awkward brace face smile... soooo annoying!!

We sat so close to the ice!!! 



Kurt golfs... I relax poolside ... win 


Some of our sweet welcome home drawings outside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment