Monday, December 9, 2013

Halloween 2013!!

"Tonight the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch. He flies through the air and brings toys to all the children of the world."- Linus (It's the great Pumpkin Charlie Brown)

Okay lets be honest... you know you love Halloween just as much as your kiddos do... or perhaps more?!??!? Or am I totally crazy?!? Well I will be honest- I love Halloween! I love the pumpkin carving, the welcoming of fall, the trick or treating, family parties, and more... but I absolutely love the costumes!!! haha not only do I love seeing what everyone else wears.. namely kiddos! but I love the excuse to dress up head to toe and be like a child for a day! I am in no way saying that I am simply looking for an excuse to act childish.. lets be honest that may or may not be true in some aspects... BUT I love the imagination and the "pretending" that goes in to Halloween!

This year our Halloween all began with this costume...
okay little bit of a disclaimer here.. so when I originally ordered this costume I was under the impression that the mane was going to be a bit bigger... and by a bit bigger, I mean it was supposed to look like this ... as you can tell it is not nearly the same size... it would be an understatement to say I was a little disappointed. BUT at least he still looks cute- right?!? :)
  
The group costume ideas surrounding an adorable little lion are endless!! I may even use some of them in the future with other kiddos! BUT for this year we decided on something a little different to meet Kurt's costume "restrictions" haha This year we decided to do the wizard of Oz!!! We ended up as The wicked witch, the flying monkey, and the cowardly lion!
I think we turned out alright...


here are some pics of our Halloween fun!



 

 

 
Work Fun!!!



 
That's all folks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment