Sunday, January 4, 2015

A new year a new beginning....


“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.


Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.



So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.



Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.



Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” 



This New Years Eve came with a bang this year! I partied till I dropped, I ate very desirous foods, and most importantly, I was surrounded with those that I love more than anything else! Sounds amazing right???? Well it was but let me just tell you.... it was definitely one huge unplanned adventure....

To start it all off, Keller has been feeling terribly sick for a while now.... He had TWO awful ear infections and is antibiotics took over a week to kick in... sooooo..... He finally got over his ear infections (two days before Christmas) and then BAM... this past Monday (12/29), he  just started getting fevers again, which led to a doc appointment to make sure it wasn't his ears again, Well good news, it wasn't his ears but the bad news is they thought it was the flu (which yes he did get his flu shot for) so we were then sent over to Riverton hospital to check for the Flu (and we picked up his medicine (tamiflu) that the doc ordered for Kell because he was positive the flu would come back positive) Well... long story short, the tests came back negative, so no flu, Hooray! The downside... we basically just threw 100 bucks down the drain because that  is how much the meds for Keller cost.. and now that he doesn't have the flu, they are pointless and we are stuck with them.... Hooraah... not!  Anywho, with the flu coming back negative they decided to just wait and see if his virus passed on its own rather than testing for other viruses.. so waiting waiting waiting.... and Today (1/4) it is the first day we haven't yet had to give Ibuprofen for fevers of over 102... hopefully this means we are near the end... even though it has been one oober long week!!!
Poor little bud- sick baby in the tub... 



Coloring Pictures while waiting for labs to be done at Riverton Hospital, poor little sick buddy! 


So back to our story.... Since little Keller man had been sick and we weren't sure what it was, we decided that it was probably best to stay home so that we wouldn't pass anything on to friends or family. SO stay home we did, but we didnt let that bog us down... We put in an online order to Cafe Rio at 430 to pick up our food at 7.... I thought I should get there a little early, just in case they were busy... I had no idea what I was in for! I arrived to Cafe Rio just before 645pm only to wait in the Pick Up line until 8pm... Our amazing dinner plan was apparently the plan of many others too! haha On the plus side, I did get two free meals for next time- glass half full right! ANNND thank goodness the kids stayed home with Kurt while I went to 'hurry' and pick up dinner! haha I can only imagine how much fun it would have been with them there...

Dinner in hand I headed home! Keller was SUPER excited.... he loves Cafe Rio just as much as his mamma! We laid out a big blanket and had a picnic style dinner and watched ....hockey... haha Once dinner was done we played our own basement style hockey game and I could have bet money it was midnight but nope.... it was not even 10! So we decided- HELLO PICTURE TIMEEEE!!! obviously that was just a hoot and a half! I think we took over 50 self timed pictures and we were all laughing! 


We snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie and then one by one I watched as my entire little family fell asleep.. it was 11 o'clock- Kurt woke up and we took the kids to bed and then climbed into bed ourselves- 1130- I could do this!! I was bound and determined to make it to midnight.. why? I have no idea because heaven knows I wouldn't get to sleep in... But I did it! I laid in bed watching an old western, checking my phone every few minutes to see what time it was .. and then CABOOM!!! fireworks galore outside my window- It was midnight!!! Happy new year to me!! Kurt laughed, gave me a new years kiss, and then fell back asleep. 

It was officially the start of a new year! That very moment introduced the whole new world to 2015-  The year ended with the most Un-organized, Un-planned, and truly Un-eventful circumstances, but I loved it! All in all, the year kind of ended with lots of little mishaps- but they are little mishaps that made us laugh and made us cry, they were things that shaped and molded us, and things that taught us. Oh 2014, You were ohhh soooo good to us and I couldnt say enough good things about you- so thank you! 

So lets make this new year a good one! Lets make memories! Lets make mistakes, lets have fun and lets learn together! I love this little family of mine and I cant wait for all that this new year brings- Happy New Year from my little family to yours!!!!



Now some pictures for your entertainment..................


(Remember how I said we took like 50 self timed pictures..... I wasnt kidding... here are a few!)











Keller LOVES to jump off the stairs... he's got his daddy's skills!!



This little lady is quite the little doll- early new years eve morning playing with her Christmas toys!!


My Little Sunday Best Babies: (12/28/14)

 Okay.... now these ones deserve an explanation..... Keller wanted NOTHING to do with pictures after church.... in fact he was being a bit grumpy and didnt feel well at all but refused to take Ibuprofen... 

And then I told him NOT to smile...... 

Lesson learned ... my two year old does not like to obey apparently... He thought he was pretty funny... I couldn't help but to laugh at how exaggerated his smile was! haha little goof ball!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment