Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas Morning with my loves

Okay, if you know our little family and have been to our house over Christmastime, then you probably know that we LOVEEEEE the Grinch! We have watched it more times than I honestly know.. truly- it is simply not a healthy relationship... but no matter, we just love that little green guy! And to our surprise, Keller loves the Grinch too... like alot... like he watched it 4 times in one day... ya unhealthy I told you!! 
Well this Christmas came without warning- in the best way possible. Dont get me wrong, I obviously knew Christmas was coming, but oh my goodness, does time fly quickly- It really snuck up on me this year, so much so that my Christmas shopping was done only about a week and a half.. if that before Christmas itself! Yes I was very behind and going crazy!!! But we were so so very blessed! Presents or not, With all the hustle and bustle I was letting the true meanings of Christmas sneak past me- HOLD UP!!! NOT OKAY!!! I knew I had to change something- Keller has a darling nativity and so we spent a day talking about Jesus and how Christmas is his birthday and he came here for us- truly it was a lot of talk on my end and I don't know how much he understood- BUT he was absolutely darling about the whole thing. His face was priceless and  he then told me that Jesus and Santa are his best buddies and then they love the Grinch! hahaha I was stressed and could have been doing a million and one other things to prepare for Christmas and all of the family festivities, but in that little moment I was happy, I was relaxed, and I was the proudest mommy of the sweetest little 2 year old boy and baby girl you ever did see! 
So, all things said, I wanted to leave you with this beautiful clip and this quote... 


“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, 

stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”



And per usual.... Here are some pictures from our magical Christmas morning...
Santa Came!!!



Okay, fair warning... it was nearly impossible to get a good picture of everyone before presents.. Keller was so excited to see what Santa brought so he was a bit blurry ... and truthfully he was WAY confused why Santa came into our house while we were asleep! hahaha




STOCKINGS!!!!



Keller was our official present unwrapper! He was thrilled to help unwrap everything and anything!! 


Keller got... ROLLER BLADES!!! and a hockey stick of course!! 


OUR  LITTLE HOCKEY PRO!  and his #1 fan




Christmas is a magical time of year- not for the gifts or the worldly reasons but because it is pure- it is sacred- it is happiness- it is love- it is family! My favorite part of Christmas is seeing it through the eyes of a child- for what it truly is, Christmas is a celebration- a celebration of our saviors birth! 


"The first gift was not wrapped, had no bow, wasn't purchased online or in a store. The first gift on Christmas was a simple gift, a sacred gift. It wasn't gold or frankincense or myrrh. It was a gift of love. And peace. And hope. Given by a father to all his children. 'For God so loved the world [and so loved you and every single one of us] He gave his son.' He is the Christ. He is Christmas. He is the gift." 















It looks like they are fighting, haha  but I promise you that they are as happy as can be... Sailor was trying to eat the bow and Keller was trying to open it for her... these two make the holidays even more magical than you would ever believe! They are my everythings and I love then to the moon!



So we were opening presents and Keller stopped, grabbed the oreos that Santa brought him out of his stocking, asked for  a bowl, and had himself a little snack! Kurt and I could not stop laughing! When did our baby boy grow up so fast?!?! 



THE POST PRESENT CRASH........ 
BEFORE...........

10 MINUTES LATER.........




I could keep going with pictures until next Christmas but I will spare you- MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment